Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sweets for our Sweets


Valentines is one of our family’s favorite celebrations. Seated on pillows beside a lowered vibrantly decorated table we kneel around a cornucopia of simple nutritious foods. The brightly decorated table shimmers in the candle light as the kids wait in anticipation. On the table are basic foods reminiscent of biblical days, warm GFCF breads, hot homemade chicken soup, fruit kabobs, grape juice served in a corked bottle and the pinnacle of the evening a flowing chocolate fountain. The best thing about this evening is that it is all GFCF (and for my family a few more ingredient free).
I thought I would share with you how to make a GFCF chocolate fountain and give you a few dipping ideas too that your loved ones are sure to enjoy.

CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN RECIPE
Ingredients:
24 oz Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips
I/2-3/4 cups Sunflower Oil (or other oil of choice)
Directions: Preheat your chocolate fountain. On the stove * combine the chocolate and oil (start with ½ cup). The oil is used to help the chocolate flow nicely and evenly. A good amount of oil is about 1/2 cup of oil to about 4 pounds of chocolate, or to taste. Keep stirring the chocolate oil mixture until it is completely melted and has no chunks of chocolate in it.
With your chocolate fondue fountain preheated, pour the chocolate into the chocolate fountain.
Repeat the procedure until your chocolate fountain is loaded with chocolate fondue and flowing.
Dipping Goodies
Strawberries, Bananas, Apples, Marshmallows, Kinni Kritters (Animal Crackers from kinnikinnick foods,) Kinnikinnick doughnuts,

*(Can also be done in the microwave…but I am not a huge fan of the microwaving processes and the use of heated zip lock bags)

3 comments:

  1. Phyllis!! I'm so excited to see this site. What a great way to help spread good information. I know you will be a fantastic blogger! I'll get a post together in the next few days on my site referring the very few readers I have to come check you out. I wasn't sure what kind of site you would come up with. Would it be education about autism? (that did go through my mind) or spiritual? You should have a second blog for that too, 'cause you are one wise mama!
    I look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phyllis, you have outdone yourself. Your blog is chalked full of usual information and so much fun to read. I'm very happy to be a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phyllis, I enjoyed meeting you last night at the support group. I love to read all I can about helping our kiddos!

    ReplyDelete